Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hey Man, What is This Thing in My Bathroom?

I miss about thirty percent of life. Although Melissa and I have traveled a lot and seen a lot of interesting things, I miss the little things. Only recently have I realized that this could be a bad thing. I spent a solid ten minutes on the toilet today and didn't have any reading material, so I looked around the bathroom and the things that give it its character. I noticed the wet towels on the floor and connected them to something Melissa has been complaining about. I guess we have water trouble, but I never really paid attention. I saw some other things: the Q-tip I threw out last week but somehow escaped the maid's cleaning, a thrice-used toothpick hiding in my special spot, and some other odds and ends. However, what stood out the most in the bathroom was a procelain monstrosity neighboring the toilet. Melissa refers to it as a 'bidet', but I'm not sure of its place or purpose in the bathroom. It doesn't have a large hole for stuff to leave it, but it would offer a convenient target to any man seeking to relieve himself. Melissa assures me that it is a female hygiene something or other, but I am still not certain what I should believe. I would like to get responses on this post from both guys and girls on bidet culture. Who hear knows what a bidet is? Who has used one? What did the experience feel like? Did any of you guys try to urinate in one?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Bidets freak me out. I think you use them to clean... yourself. Like instead of toilet paper.